200 point program
Applications and digital folio submission: 4 November 2016
Late applications will be considered on a case by case basis for a limited period of time. Contact the course coordinator, Leon Salom email@example.com for further information.
Applicants to the Master of Design for Performance must meet the following criteria:
- a 3 year undergraduate degree or equivalent, with a GPA of at least 65% in the last two years of study;
- at least 4 years of documented relevant work experience related to design and/or making of live performance, with evidence of artistic ability and practice comparable to that expected of undergraduate degree holders in relevant disciplines.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
English Language Requirements
The University of Melbourne has a set of English language requirements which all applicants must meet.
In addition to your online application, you will be required to:
- Submit a Supplementary Application Form. Please note that your application will be marked as incomplete if a Supplementary Application Form is not received, allow yourself adequate time to complete all required fields.
- Submit a digital folio of work via SlideRoom (see below)
- Prepare a Selection Project (see Auditions and Interviews)
- Present your selection project at an interview
You should compile a folio of up to 25 items showcasing your potential as a designer.
Folio pieces can include items showing your technical as well as creative abilities. Please clearly label each item and include the year of creation. If your item of work is the result of collaboration, please explain your specific role.
Folio pieces may include:
- Designs, photos, drawings, images, illustrations, artwork etc. in JPEG or PDF format
- Video (15 mins max) of excerpts from your work in Mpeg or avi format
The folio must be submitted via Sliderooom*, no later than 31 October 2016.
*Slideroom - applicants will incur a small service charge of US$10 (approximately A$13)
If you have completed studies outside of the University of Melbourne, your application must include an officially certified copy of your academic transcripts.
- If you have successfully finished a course, please provide evidence of completion.
- If you are currently studying outside the University of Melbourne, please provide an official record/transcript of your current results to date. When your final results are available, please upload a certified hardcopy to your application, or send to firstname.lastname@example.org with your ID number.