John Vickery Scholarship
The John Vickery Scholarships are available to 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate students enrolled in either Painting or Drawing who demonstrate financial need and haven't been the recipient of any other major scholarship or award offered at the Faculty.
Approximately $20,000 in total - multiple scholarships will be offered.
Open and closing dates
Applications are now open and will close 11:59pm Sunday 4 March 2018. Applicants can expect to receive an emailed outcome in April.
Criteria and eligibility
This scholarship is open for award annually to second or third year undergraduate students enrolled in either Painting or Drawing at the VCA who have strong academic records, demonstrate financial need and have not been the recipient of any other scholarship or award offered at the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music.
Applications will be assessed by the selection committee on the basis of:
- artistic merit, as demonstrated by entry requirements for the course (i.e. audition, folio presentation) or participation in Faculty of Fine Arts and Music courses so far;
- academic merit, as demonstrated by previous academic achievement (VCE or equivalent; tertiary results)
- career aspirations (addressed through questions in the application process);
- financial need (ascertained via the application, requesting income and expenditure information), and
- likely success in completing the proposed course of study (addressed through questions in the application process).
The Dean, on the recommendation of the Head of the School of Art, will approve the recipients.
To accept this scholarship, successful recipients are required to write a letter of thanks and provide an artistic biography for the donors or trustees. On occasion recipients will be contacted to provide a progress report.
How to apply
This application has 2 separate steps. To be considered both steps must be completed by the application closing date. Please allow enough time to complete both.
Step 1 Scholarship Application
Refer to the Open and Closing Dates section above for the application link.The link will only be visible during the application period. The application will require personal information, including course and year level, and some questions addressing the selection criteria listed above. You will be required to attach some documents, such as your CV and academic transcript.
Step 2 Student Financial Assistance Application
To assist with the assessment your application you are required to submit an online Student Financial Assistance Application by the application closing date. If you already have submitted a Student Financial Assistance Application in the last six months you do not need to apply again but you can update and re-submit your details before the closing date.